We have a leak coming into our flat…

Inform the upstairs neighbour and ask that they arrange for a plumber to attend as soon as possible, as the leak is likely to be coming from their property. If you can’t make contact with the neighbour, and the water ingress is becoming excessive, contact Maintenance in the first instance.

If we are closed, contact Environmental Health, who will send police to break into the property and turn off the water. THIS SHOULD ONLY BE DONE IN AN ABSOLUTE EMERGENCY. You MUST report any leaks to our Maintenance Dept so we can arrange for an inspection of any damage.

N.B In an emergency, a plumber will merely turn off water at the mains. They will not source the problem.